January 22, 2013 11:15:30 AM
Monday was a good day for the University of Mississippi men's basketball team.
Fresh off a 76-64 victory against the University of Arkansas on Saturday, Ole Miss entered The Associated Press Top 25 and the USA Today/ESPN Top 25 rankings for the first time this season.
Ole Miss (15-2, 4-0 Southeastern Conference) is No. 23 in The AP poll and No. 24 in the USA Today coaches poll. The Rebels are 4-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1937.
Junior Marshall Henderson has played a key role in the Rebels' success. He had a team-high 16 points Saturday against Arkansas. That performance helped him earn SEC Player of the Week honors. He had a game-high 26 points, including a 35-footer at the buzzer that sent the game into overtime. He also had a career-high five steals against Arkansas.
Henderson leads the SEC in scoring (18.9 points per game).
Ole Miss will play host to Tennessee at 6 p.m. Thursday.
1. EMCC gets sneak peak at second season of 'Last Chance U' COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Vansau continues hot hitting from April into summer COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Freeze out at Ole Miss COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Freeze's fall traced partially to Nutt's suit COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Hill wants to be in mix at RB for MSU COLLEGE SPORTS