January 22, 2013 11:15:30 AM
Monday was a good day for the University of Mississippi men's basketball team.
Fresh off a 76-64 victory against the University of Arkansas on Saturday, Ole Miss entered The Associated Press Top 25 and the USA Today/ESPN Top 25 rankings for the first time this season.
Ole Miss (15-2, 4-0 Southeastern Conference) is No. 23 in The AP poll and No. 24 in the USA Today coaches poll. The Rebels are 4-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1937.
Junior Marshall Henderson has played a key role in the Rebels' success. He had a team-high 16 points Saturday against Arkansas. That performance helped him earn SEC Player of the Week honors. He had a game-high 26 points, including a 35-footer at the buzzer that sent the game into overtime. He also had a career-high five steals against Arkansas.
Henderson leads the SEC in scoring (18.9 points per game).
Ole Miss will play host to Tennessee at 6 p.m. Thursday.
1. Central Academy softball looks for return to state tournament HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Walters column: Noxubee County rarely backs away from challenge HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. MSU men's basketball releases non-conference schedule COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Bulldogs land commitment from McLaurin at Collins LOCAL SPORTS
5. Oak Hill Academy softball hopes to build on win column HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS