January 22, 2013 11:15:30 AM
Monday was a good day for the University of Mississippi men's basketball team.
Fresh off a 76-64 victory against the University of Arkansas on Saturday, Ole Miss entered The Associated Press Top 25 and the USA Today/ESPN Top 25 rankings for the first time this season.
Ole Miss (15-2, 4-0 Southeastern Conference) is No. 23 in The AP poll and No. 24 in the USA Today coaches poll. The Rebels are 4-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1937.
Junior Marshall Henderson has played a key role in the Rebels' success. He had a team-high 16 points Saturday against Arkansas. That performance helped him earn SEC Player of the Week honors. He had a game-high 26 points, including a 35-footer at the buzzer that sent the game into overtime. He also had a career-high five steals against Arkansas.
Henderson leads the SEC in scoring (18.9 points per game).
Ole Miss will play host to Tennessee at 6 p.m. Thursday.
1. Battle of reigning champs set when West Point faces Lafayette HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Sophomores provide spark for New Hope vs. Aberdeen HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. MSU offensive line will face another challenge at Georgia COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Simpler approach working well for Starkville HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Starkville Academy starts district play vs. Winston Academy HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS