May 7, 2013 10:27:28 AM
HATTIESBURG -- The Heritage Academy boys golf team did it again Monday.
Led by three top-five finishes, the Patriots won the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools Class AAA title Monday with a team score of 311 at Hattiesburg Country Club.
Cade Lott (third) and Evan McElrath (fourth) shots 75s, while Austin Fitch carded a 76 to help Heritage Academy win its second title in three years. The team also won the championship in 2011.
Hunter Anderson (85), Cason Westmoreland (90), and Douglas Kilarski (91) also played for the Patriots.
Pillow Academy (314) was second, Jackson Prep (318) was third, and Starkville Academy (326) was fourth.
Alex Bedwell (76), Wyatt Allen (78), Harper Arnold (80), Harrison McBride (92), and Zach Slaughter (93) played for the Volunteers.
The championship was the fourth in seven days for the Heritage Academy. Parker Dunaway won the triple jump and was second in the long jump, and Mary Douglass Kerby won the shot put at the Class AAA Overall State track and field meet this past weekend in Jackson.
Last week, senior Cade Lott shot a high-school best round of 71 Tuesday and went on to win medalist honors at the Class AAA North State meet at Greenwood Country Club. He won the title on the third playoff hole. Lott's finish helped Heritage Academy shoot a 316 team score and finish second to Pillow Academy.
1. Lukabu takes over MSU linebackers COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Fast start carries Columbus basketball team past Oxford HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. Heritage Academy powers past Starkville Academy; SA girls win HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. No. 3 MSU women look for 20th win at No. 6 Tennessee COLLEGE SPORTS
5. New Hope's Melton signs with Northeast Mississippi C.C. HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS