July 20, 2013 10:41:44 PM
SOUTHAVEN -- The Columbus Nationals All-Star baseball team surrendered 10 unearned runs Saturday in an 11-7 loss to Valdosta (Ga.) in its opening game of the Dizzy Dean 12-year-old World Series.
The Columbus Nationals will have to beat the Springville Tigers at 9 a.m. today to stay alive in the double-elimination tournament. The winner of that game will play the loser of the Valdosta-Tallahassee Senators at 2 p.m. today.
Against Valdosta, Cameron Bartley allowed only one earned run in three innings. Ethan Bryan, Jedarius Gore, and Seth Harris also pitched for Columbus.
Harris had a hit and an RBI, Rye McGlothin had a hit, Bryan had a single, double, and RBI, Luke Barrett had a single, Jaelan Craddieth had a double, and Avery Benson had an RBI.
1. Insell makes Rebels' NCAA case COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Signs of growth everywhere for MSU in record win COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Nineteen Bulldogs will work out at Pro Day COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Ole Miss begins spring football today COLLEGE SPORTS
5. MSU baseball complete another weekend sweep COLLEGE SPORTS