July 15, 2014 10:11:02 AM
The Mississippi State men's basketball team will play Tulane this season for the first time in 11 years, the school announced Monday.
The Bulldogs and Green Wave have agreed to a two-season deal, with the first game being Dec. 6 in New Orleans.
The meeting with Tulane will be the 94th in the series. The announcement comes a month after MSU announced non-conference games against Florida State and Oregon State.
"Tulane provides yet another high major opponent for us with their move to the American Athletic Conference," MSU coach Rick Ray said. "The Green Wave will prove to be a great opponent for us and our fan base. Bulldog fans on the coast and in the New Orleans area will get a chance to see us play and hopefully provide a nice environment for us on the road."
MSU returns all five starters from a year ago, including leading scorer Craig Sword (13.7) and leading rebounder Gavin Ware (7.2).
1. Columbus Speedway reopens Nov. 12 LOCAL SPORTS
2. West Alabama Roundup: Aliceville wins eighth straight HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. Mississippi Roundup: West Point, West Lowndes post critical region wins HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. Noxubee County beats Caledonia to extend region win streak HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. New Hope gets lift with home win over Lewisburg HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS