January 12, 2010 9:15:00 AM
Mississippi State football coach Dan Mullen now has two vacancies to fill on his defensive staff.
After defensive coordinator Carl Torbush left to take the same position at Kansas University, MSU Athletic Director Greg Byrne confirmed to The Commercial Dispatch late Monday night that defensive line coach David Turner is leaving the Bulldogs for the University of Kentucky.
Byrne texted out a one-word response "true" when asked about Turner.
This will be Turner''s second stint with the Wildcats. He was the defensive line coach in Lexington from 1993-94.
Turner, who has also coached at Alabama, Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Virginia, North Carolina State, James Madison, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and Davidson, joined the staff of former MSU coach Sylvester Croom in 2007.
1. MSU's Price moves from small town to big stage COLLEGE SPORTS
2. New men's basketball coaches enhance SEC's profile COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Michigan shuts out Alabama in WCWS COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Heritage Academy's Fields earns second-team All-State honors HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Love for racing drives Turpen LOCAL SPORTS