January 12, 2010 9:15:00 AM
Mississippi State football coach Dan Mullen now has two vacancies to fill on his defensive staff.
After defensive coordinator Carl Torbush left to take the same position at Kansas University, MSU Athletic Director Greg Byrne confirmed to The Commercial Dispatch late Monday night that defensive line coach David Turner is leaving the Bulldogs for the University of Kentucky.
Byrne texted out a one-word response "true" when asked about Turner.
This will be Turner''s second stint with the Wildcats. He was the defensive line coach in Lexington from 1993-94.
Turner, who has also coached at Alabama, Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Virginia, North Carolina State, James Madison, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and Davidson, joined the staff of former MSU coach Sylvester Croom in 2007.
1. Caledonia's Hollowell has carved out role as starter HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Stokes wins Limited Late Model feature race LOCAL SPORTS
3. MSU alters rotation with eye on South Carolina series COLLEGE SPORTS
4. MSU softball rallies to beat No. 3 Florida COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Holland's home run sparks MSU's win against Auburn COLLEGE SPORTS