March 11, 2009
STARKVILLE -- Mississippi State football coach Dan Mullen has suspended his second player in a little more than a week.
After disciplining signee Maurice Langston last Monday, Mullen has suspended wide receiver Arceto Clark (5-10, 165) for an undisclosed violation of team policy.
Mississippi State spokesman Joe Galbraith confirmed Clark''s suspension, and MSU athletic director Greg Byrne said Tuesday the school will release information on suspensions, but woulnd''t comment because of the "sensitivity of the issue."
Former Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom removed Clark''s redshirt status last season.
Clark, who was rated the No. 36 cornerback prospect in the nation at Shannon High School, played in five games as a freshman at Mississippi State this past season, catching three passes for 11 yards and rushing three times for 21 yards.
Langston was arrested and charged with marijuana possession with intent to distribute.
1. MSU women beat No. 17 West Virginia COLLEGE SPORTS
2. 5 for Inside for Vanderbilt-Mississippi State COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Skinner's big shots pushes Starkville past West Point HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. MSU focused on Vanderbilt COLLEGE SPORTS
5. West Point gets second chance vs. Oxford HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS