September 19, 2017 9:52:12 AM
OXFORD -- Ole Miss wide receiver A.J. Brown has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, but he could be ready for the team's game against No. 1 Alabama on Sept. 30.
Ole Miss football coach Matt Luke said Monday that Brown likely will be sidelined one to two weeks. The Rebels are off this weekend.
The 6-foot-1, 225-pound sophomore, who is a former standout at Starkville High School, was injured early in a 27-16 loss to California and didn't record a catch. In his first two games, Brown caught 16 passes for 389 yards and four touchdowns. He leads the Southeastern Conference in yards receiving.
Luke also said starting center Sean Rawlings will have surgery on his sprained ankle he injured in the game against California.
1. Patriots' Berry returns from injury with vengeance HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Fitzgerald limited in MSU's spring opener COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU men beat Louisville to reach semifinals of NIT COLLEGE SPORTS
4. MSU men will take on Louisville in quarterfinals of NIT COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Third-quarter surge makes MSU three times sweet COLLEGE SPORTS