September 4, 2018 9:28:38 AM
OXFORD -- There will be a number of improvements for Ole Miss football fans when they take part in the football team's home opener at 3 p.m. Saturday against Southern Illinois at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
Ole Miss' postseason survey identified several improvements the school has made to enhance the experience of fans.
For the eighth-consecutive year, an electronic survey was sent via email to Rebel football season ticket holders in December 2017. This year, the survey generated more than 1,600 responses, and the data was segmented into three audiences: 1) fans who sit in general seating areas; 2) fans who sit in premium areas, such as suites or clubs; and 3) students who sit in the student section.
The survey, which was created at Ole Miss, now is used across the Southeastern Conference. This year, Ole Miss finished in the top three in the SEC in 26 of the 57 elements tested in the general seating area, which was more than any other school. The Rebels ranked first or second in all 11 concessions elements. Visit OleMissSports.com for the full report.
Based on the results, a number of improvements have been implemented. Some of the most notable include:
· Free off-campus parking and shuttle service at FNC Park, the Jackson Avenue Center and, new this year, the South Oxford Campus (old Baptist Hospital).
· New pedestrian and Walk of Champions path from The Grove to Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
· $1 hot dogs and $1 popcorn in the fourth quarter at all concessions stands (while supplies last).
· New east and west video ribbon boards.
· New pregame band performance elements, led by a new band director.
· New "The Healthy Rebel" concessions stands near sections S6 and N6, offering wraps, salads, fruit, protein bars and more.
· OleMissGameday.com launched to answer all game day questions.
· Approximately 9,000 personalized bricks installed around Vaught-Hemingway Stadium as part the Year of the Fan campaign.
· Among the many other opportunities as part of the Year of the Fan include fans leading the Walk of Champions, Lock the Vaught and firing the on-field cannon.
2. Payoff comes for Bulldogs on 'money' down COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Calvert making big impact at Northwest Mississippi C.C. COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Mixon proves he's back with big effort in MSU's blowout COLLEGE SPORTS