January 9, 2019 11:27:19 AM
STARKVILLE -- Five football newcomers have enrolled at Mississippi State and will participate in spring football practice as the semester began Monday in Starkville.
The group of early enrollees includes: offensive lineman Charles Cross (Laurel / Laurel High School), safety Fred Peters (Columbia / Jones College), offensive lineman LaQuinston Sharp (Columbus / East Mississippi Community College), and quarterback Garrett Shrader (Charlotte, North Carolina / Charlotte Christian School).
Later Monday, MSU announced that Ani Izuchukwu (Hendersonville, Tennessee / Davidson Academy) was recently cleared and also has enrolled for the spring semester. Izuchukwu is a three-star defensive end.
Cross, Mississippi's top offensive line prospect for the 2019 signing class, comes to Starkville after a standout performance in the All-American Bowl last Saturday in San Antonio, Texas, that helped lead Team East to a victory.
Peters, one of the elite safeties on the junior college level, is a four-star prospect, according to Rivals.
Sharp, a three-star prospect from Columbus High, is an offensive lineman who was a part of EMCC's 2017 and 2018 NJCAA National Championship runs.
Shrader is one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation for the Class of 2019. H is considered a four-star prospect by 247Sports Composite, ESPN, and Rivals.
1. Shorter will leave Noxubee County for Louisville HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Q Weatherspoon pushes No. 24 MSU past Florida COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Growing confidence helps MSU's Carter settle down COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Caledonia soccer teams split doubleheader with New Hope HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Howland pleased with Bulldogs balance, 3-point defense COLLEGE SPORTS