September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. Ole Miss football team makes changes to coaching staff COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Griffin announces lineup for Joe Horne Christmas Classic HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. Heritage Academy excited about chance to play in Memphis HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. Richardson epitomizes consistency for MSU COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Mullen, MSU eager for another bowl opportunity COLLEGE SPORTS