September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. MSU won't let Collins' departure affect preparations COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Johnson takes over to lead New Hope boys HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. Columbus boys show potential in win against Marion (Ark.) HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. Holman trying to impress 'habits' on new group HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Starkville boys rebound after tough loss in OT HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS