September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. West Point stays motivated on road to title HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. William has strong first step for Bulldogs COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU's Datcher ready to play bigger role COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Motivational message for Starkville football team HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Schaefer shows closer's mentality in victory COLLEGE SPORTS