September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. Patriots' Berry returns from injury with vengeance HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Fitzgerald limited in MSU's spring opener COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU men beat Louisville to reach semifinals of NIT COLLEGE SPORTS
4. MSU men will take on Louisville in quarterfinals of NIT COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Third-quarter surge makes MSU three times sweet COLLEGE SPORTS