September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. Caledonia powerlifting team wins another region title HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. West Point's Edwards, Knight will go to EMCC HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. NHHS junior high softball program will play first games Thursday HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. Cold start dooms New Hope girls against Ridgeland HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Starkville Academy boys beat St. Joseph in playoff opener HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS