September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. MSU will try to re-focus for bowl game COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Woodard Jr. maturing into leader for Columbus HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. MSU's Weatherspoon earns SEC honor COLLEGE SPORTS
4. MSU women continue to have success sharing COLLEGE SPORTS
5. History within Tigers' grasp LOCAL COLUMNS