September 3, 2010 10:47:00 PM
AMORY -- Terrance Dentry rushed for 146 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown run in the second half, Friday night to lead the New Hope High School football team to a 37-6 victory against Amory at Longenecker Field.
Johnny Beamon, Dillon Hawkins, Dalton Hodges, and Ryan Lee also scored touchdowns for the Trojans (1-1), who rebounded from a season-opening loss to Tupelo.
Coverage of that game and Heritage Academy''s 22-6 victory against Starkville Academy, West Lowndes'' 28-19 victory against Caledonia, West Oktibbeha''s 29-26 victory against East Oktibbeha, Aberdeen''s 34-0 victory against Pontotoc, and more, including a roundup of all of the other local Mississippi and the West Alabama games will appear in Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch.
1. No. 1 Alabama loses Harris in shutout of Kent State COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Kemper County takes it to Noxubee County in second half HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. Non-conference schedule has right mix for MSU women LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Winona Christian's ground game edges Oak Hill Academy's passing game HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Columbus sets new scoring standard for Montgomery era HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS