October 3, 2010 12:43:00 AM
CALEDONIA -- Teams have to be willing to do anything and everything at playoff time.
Kendall Glass showed at the start of game three that the Lafayette High School volleyball team is prepared to do just that.
Glass slid on her belly and used her jersey to tend to a wet spot in the center of the court to ensure she and her teammates had sure footing.
The Lady Commodores used strong hitting performances from Nikki McChristian (10 kills) and Shaquilla Isom (nine) to defeat Caledonia 3-0 in the first round of the Division I State Tournament.
Game scores were 25-20, 25-16, 25-14.
"We have had a history of starting slow, so we have tried to switch up our warmup to incorporate more game-like situations, but it hasn''t worked," Lafayette coach Rachel Wenzel said. "We haven''t found that magic key to get them going
Adam Minichino is the Sports Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.
1. Seniors Richardson, Chapel poised to play key roles COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Leadership will be key for MSU women LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Noxubee County isn't looking past Caledonia HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. Caledonia volleyball team loses to Lewisburg HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Playoff fates will be on line in Week 10 LOCAL COLUMNS