October 3, 2010 12:43:00 AM
CALEDONIA -- Teams have to be willing to do anything and everything at playoff time.
Kendall Glass showed at the start of game three that the Lafayette High School volleyball team is prepared to do just that.
Glass slid on her belly and used her jersey to tend to a wet spot in the center of the court to ensure she and her teammates had sure footing.
The Lady Commodores used strong hitting performances from Nikki McChristian (10 kills) and Shaquilla Isom (nine) to defeat Caledonia 3-0 in the first round of the Division I State Tournament.
Game scores were 25-20, 25-16, 25-14.
"We have had a history of starting slow, so we have tried to switch up our warmup to incorporate more game-like situations, but it hasn''t worked," Lafayette coach Rachel Wenzel said. "We haven''t found that magic key to get them going
Adam Minichino is the Sports Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.
1. Caledonia's Hollowell has carved out role as starter HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. MSU alters rotation with eye on South Carolina series COLLEGE SPORTS
3. Stokes wins Limited Late Model feature race LOCAL SPORTS
4. MSU softball rallies to beat No. 3 Florida COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Saban kicks RB Jones off Alabama football team COLLEGE SPORTS