November 20, 2010 12:14:00 AM
RIDGELAND -- The Ridgeland High School football team scored 20 unanswered points, including two touchdowns following turnovers, in the second half Friday night en route to a 34-27 victory against New Hope in the second round of the Mississippi High School Activities Association Class 5A playoffs at Titan Field.
With the win, the Titans (13-0) advance to face West Point (12-1), which beat Oxford 27-12, in the North State title game next Friday.
Noxubee County and Aberdeen advanced to the North State championships games in Class 4A and Class 3A, respectively. The Tigers went on the road to beat Shannon 28-7, while the Bulldogs defeated Belmont 37-14.
Noxubee County will play host to Lafayette County, while Aberdeen will travel to Winona next Friday.
In other action, Calhoun City edged East Webster 23-21 in MHSAA Class 2A. In the Alabama High School Athletic Association, Lineville ended Sulligent''s season 43-23.
See Sunday''s edition of The Dispatch for more on all of these games.
1. MSU's Bougard working to improve at javelin, shot put COLLEGE SPORTS
2. MSU football team opens camp today COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU's Market back on field after Achilles injury COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Caledonia's Unruh hopes to attract attention HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. Noxubee County's Simmons has one goal in mind HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS