January 20, 2011 7:53:00 AM
OXFORD -- The University of Mississippi has hired Gunter Brewer to be its passing game coordinator and receivers coach.
Brewer spent the past six seasons at Oklahoma State, including the last two as co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach. The Cowboys averaged 44.2 points and 345.8 passing yards per game last season, which both ranked at the top of the Big 12.
Brewer is the son of former Ole Miss head coach Billy Brewer, who led the Rebels from 1983 to ''93.
Gunter Brewer replaces receivers coach Ron Dickerson, as head coach Houston Nutt continues a staff shakeup following a disappointing 4-8 season. Dickerson spent three seasons with the Rebels.
1. Bulldogs ready to forget past, focus on Texas A&M COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Ole Miss overlooks hype, readies for No. 1 Alabama COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU gets good grades for first four games COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Unbeaten MSU receives high marks on defense COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Defense delivers dominating effort for Rebels COLLEGE SPORTS