Four Golden Triangle transportation hubs and systems will receive a combined $666,761 in Mississippi Department of Transportation grants to help bolster their infrastructure and efforts, Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert announced Thursday.
A person shot in a home invasion Wednesday in eastern Lowndes County is fighting for his life in a Jackson hospital.
After following one of her 20 known Czech commands, Bessie, a full-bred Malinois in the Mississippi State University K-9 department, sprinted across the Starkville Police Department shooting range lawn, ready to strike.
John Holliman was recognized as a pioneer upon his recent induction into the Home Builders Association of Mississippi Hall of Fame.
The Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District Board of Trustees rotated three administrators between jobs and announced the hire of a new high school assistant principal Thursday, continuing staff shake-ups begun last month.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY