Even those who don't know Hayley Gilmore probably know her work. Saturday took care of that much.
A woman accused of serving a cheeseburger smeared with her bodily fluids to a customer at Jack's Restaurant on Highway 45 turned herself in to the Columbus Police Department on Monday.
District 1 Supervisor John Montgomery said his area of representation, which constitutes 26 percent of Oktibbeha County's total assessed property value, will be undercut by a formula, splitting the proceeds of an upcoming $10 million road bond between each of the county's five districts.
A Clay County resident who spent four of his teenage years in prison on a wrongful murder conviction is taking his battle for compensation to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Three Democrats have now qualified for Starkville's mayoral race after local attorney Johnny Moore filed his qualification paperwork at City Hall Monday.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. In the Resistance: Columbus artist's designs for women's march signs reach worldwide audience COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY