One Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees member has a proposition to fund the district's increased budget without raising taxes.
Oktibbeha County and Starkville are set to issue a combined $14 million in bonds to fund a new industrial park this fall after supervisors approved their half of the issuance notice Monday.
A Columbus police officer who allegedly got in an altercation with a citizen outside McDonald's Wednesday will go before the city council on July 5.
The Columbus Police Department will host a self defense class at the Trotter Convention Center July 28.
Mississippi clerks cannot cite their own religious beliefs to recuse themselves from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, under a ruling a federal judge handed down Monday.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two sessions planned on proposed tax increases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY