Two Columbus Air Force Base pilots who ejected from a T-38C Talon II before it crashed outside the base Wednesday morning have been released from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, CAFB spokespeople confirmed.
A former Joe Cook Elementary principal is among the three finalists for Columbus Municipal School District superintendent, board of trustees President Jason Spears confirmed to The Dispatch on Wednesday.
The Lee Middle School property on Military Road is now a Mississippi Historic Landmark.
A preliminary settlement agreement has been reached in Starkville Pride's federal lawsuit against the city of Starkville and is now awaiting board approval, much to one alderman's alarm.
Five suspects from Venezuela are facing federal fraud charges after being stopped at a police checkpoint in Lowndes County over the weekend, according to court documents.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY