Mississippi University for Women, Columbus antebellum homes, Waverly Mansion in West Point and Mississippi State University are just a few of the "haunted" historical places that appear in Alan Brown's new book "Ghosts of Mississippi's Golden Triangle," which he discussed during a book talk at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library Monday.
A search is underway for a new chief executive officer for the Greater Starkville Development Partnership.
STARKVILLE -- Scott Wetherbee has been named Mississippi State interim director of athletics, MSU President Mark Keenum announced Tuesday.
An ongoing drought is starting to damage some of Lowndes County's roads. County Road Manager Ronnie Burns said the drought is causing the ground to move, which is cracking paved roads.
Rural tourism doesn't come without challenges, according to Tom Chestnutt. Chief among them, he said, is community buy-in.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY