April 6, 2014
Shelley Marie Scarbrough of Birmingham, Ala., and Hunter Thomas Hodges of Boise, Idaho, were married March 22, 2014, at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Thomas Bryson officiating. The bride is the daughter of John and Linda Scarbrough of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Evelyn and Robert Ferguson and Charles Breazeale of Memphis, Tenn., and the late Gladys and A. P. Scarbrough of Mathiston. She was given in marriage by her father. Her ivory lace overlay gown featured a sweetheart neckline and a keyhole back. Her veil was fingertip in length and lined with lace. Serving as maid of honor was Jill Suzanne Scarbrough of Seattle, Wash. Serving as matron of honor was Carol Scarbrough Fields of Jackson. The groom is the son of Don and Sandy Hodges of Irondale, Ala., and is the grandson of the late Elizabeth and Laudra Clifton Hodges of Scottsboro, Ala., and the late Nellie and Marvin O’Dell Howell of Stone Mountain, Ga. Serving as best man was Walter Hodges of Chattanooga, Tenn. Following a wedding trip to Napa Valley, Calif., and Kauai, Hawaii, the couple resides in Boise, where the bride is a software implementation specialist and the groom is a structural engineer.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY