April 6, 2014
Shelley Marie Scarbrough of Birmingham, Ala., and Hunter Thomas Hodges of Boise, Idaho, were married March 22, 2014, at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Thomas Bryson officiating. The bride is the daughter of John and Linda Scarbrough of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Evelyn and Robert Ferguson and Charles Breazeale of Memphis, Tenn., and the late Gladys and A. P. Scarbrough of Mathiston. She was given in marriage by her father. Her ivory lace overlay gown featured a sweetheart neckline and a keyhole back. Her veil was fingertip in length and lined with lace. Serving as maid of honor was Jill Suzanne Scarbrough of Seattle, Wash. Serving as matron of honor was Carol Scarbrough Fields of Jackson. The groom is the son of Don and Sandy Hodges of Irondale, Ala., and is the grandson of the late Elizabeth and Laudra Clifton Hodges of Scottsboro, Ala., and the late Nellie and Marvin O’Dell Howell of Stone Mountain, Ga. Serving as best man was Walter Hodges of Chattanooga, Tenn. Following a wedding trip to Napa Valley, Calif., and Kauai, Hawaii, the couple resides in Boise, where the bride is a software implementation specialist and the groom is a structural engineer.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY