July 18, 2009
Claire Marie Herrington of Murray, Ky., and John Marshall Morrow of Columbus were married May 16, 2009, at Mt. Vernon Place, Tupelo, with David Swanger officiating. The bride is the daughter of Kent and Wyneth Herrington, of Murray, Ky. She is the granddaughter of Mary Bess Clark and the late Oscar and Dorothy Clark and of Don and Elaine Herrington, all of Tupelo. The bride was given in marriage by her father. The bride wore a strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline, detailed embroidery and beadwork, Swarovski crystal buttons on the train, and a fingertip length veil with scalloped edges. She carried a bouquet of cream and jade roses and blue and green hydrangeas. Caitlin Herrington of Murray, Ky., sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. Marion Morrow of Columbus, sister of the groom, Anna Meade of Chafin, S.C., cousin of the groom and Sophie McNeil of Jackson served as bridesmaids. The bridal attendants wore sleeveless, v-necked, green, tea-length dresses and carried bouquets of blue hydrangeas and cream roses. The groom is the son of Chris and Nan Morrow of Columbus. He is the grandson of James and Marion Meade of Starkville and Edsel and Etta Kate Umfress and the late John Marshall Morrow of Fulton. Richard Carroll of Starkville served as best man. Clark Herrington of Athens, Ala., brother of the bride, David Morrow of Columbus, brother of the groom, and Scott Tran of Starkville served as groomsmen. Ushers were Justin Arnold of Murray, Ky., and Rob Smith of Columbus. After a wedding trip to Orca's Island, Wash., the couple resides in Hattiesburg, where the groom is finishing a Master of Business Administration at the University of Southern Mississippi and the bride is student teaching at the Mississippi School for the Deaf in Jackson.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY