August 7, 2009
Courtney Shaw McArthur of Aberdeen and Brooks Thomas Wilson of Columbus were married Mar. 8, 2009, at 11:30 a.m. at the Wildwood Inn in Denton, Texas, with the Rev. Stephen Cook officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. John Cleveland McArthur III and the late Stephanie Sudduth McArthur of Aberdeen. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. J.C. McArthur Jr. of Macon and the late Mrs.Virginia Sudduth of Brooksville. The bride was given in marriage by her father and her brother. The bride wore a diamond and white gold A line strapless dress. The soft gold pleated bodice with scattered sequins and pearls that carried over into the back top of the dress featured a stunning train in gold with scattered sequins, pearls, and gold thread detail. Complementing the ensemble was a hand-tied bouquet of various flowers in pink. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Thomas Wilson of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Eselle Wilson and the late Raymond Wilson and the late Mr. and Mrs. Earl M. Carver, all of Alva. After a wedding trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, the couple resides in Frisco, Texas, where the groom is employed by Enterprise Leasing and the bride is a third-grade teacher for the Frisco Independent School District .
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY