August 7, 2009
Courtney Shaw McArthur of Aberdeen and Brooks Thomas Wilson of Columbus were married Mar. 8, 2009, at 11:30 a.m. at the Wildwood Inn in Denton, Texas, with the Rev. Stephen Cook officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. John Cleveland McArthur III and the late Stephanie Sudduth McArthur of Aberdeen. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. J.C. McArthur Jr. of Macon and the late Mrs.Virginia Sudduth of Brooksville. The bride was given in marriage by her father and her brother. The bride wore a diamond and white gold A line strapless dress. The soft gold pleated bodice with scattered sequins and pearls that carried over into the back top of the dress featured a stunning train in gold with scattered sequins, pearls, and gold thread detail. Complementing the ensemble was a hand-tied bouquet of various flowers in pink. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Thomas Wilson of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Eselle Wilson and the late Raymond Wilson and the late Mr. and Mrs. Earl M. Carver, all of Alva. After a wedding trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, the couple resides in Frisco, Texas, where the groom is employed by Enterprise Leasing and the bride is a third-grade teacher for the Frisco Independent School District .
1. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY