September 19, 2009
Robyn Vickery and Mitchell Banks, both of Columbus, were married on the courthouse lawn, July 10, 2009, in Carrollton, Ala., with Minister John Paluzzi officiating. The bride is the daughter of Tim Vickery of Cumberland, and Linda Shumaker of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Justine Hamrick and the late Mr. Mark Hamrick of Columbus, and Mr. Earlie Vickery and the late Mrs. Mary Alice Vickery of Alford, Fla. Kelly Banks of Columbus, sister-in-law of the bride, served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mrs. Lois Banks and the late Gerald Haynes Banks Jr. Gerald Banks served as best man, and Austin Braswell, son of the bride, served as groomsman. Following a wedding trip to Panama City Beach, Fla., the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is a surgical assistant to Dr. John W. Starr and the groom is employed by the Columbus Fire Department.
1. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman faces child endangerment charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayoral candidates trade barbs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY