September 4, 2016
Elizabeth Holcombe and Boyce Elkin Adams were married Aug. 26, 2016, at 5:30 p.m. in Maratea, Italy, with the Rev. Gerard Hurley officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Spradley Holcombe of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Leroy King and the late Mr. and Mrs. Hosea Melvin Holcombe. She was given in marriage by her parents. The bride wore her motherís wedding gown. Serving as matron of honor was Brenda Holcombe, mother of the bride. Serving as maid of honor was Stephanie Jane Holcombe, sister of the bride, of Washington, D.C. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Boyce Elkin Adams Sr. of Columbus. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. James D. High of Columbus, the late Mr. Walter Adams of Gulfport and the late Mrs. Mary Lou Adams of Gulfport. The groomís father served as best man. Following a wedding trip in Maratea, Italy, the couple resides in West Point. The bride is an emergency physician, and the groom is the president of Banktel Systems in Columbus.
1. LCSD seeks cause of 100-plus roof leaks at New Hope High COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Two men charged with the rape of a 59-year-old woman COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Street flooding plagues North Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man faces code violations from city for damage caused by police officer crashing into house COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Steens man allegedly held woman against her will, strangled her COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY