October 31, 2009
Christina Marie Pickett of Charleston, S.C., and Shawn Michael Owen of Charleston were married Sept. 26, 2009, at Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., with Chaplain Ron Warfuel officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. Todd S. Pickett of Charleston and Ms. Marilyn Hildreth Pickett of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Shirley Hildreth and the late Troy D. Hildreth of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Dan C. Pickett of Durham, N.C. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Her dress was a floor length white and silver gown with crystal organza and satin. She carried a bouquet of white roses. The bridal attendants wore a two piece tea length dress in cornflower blue. They carried bouquets of yellow roses. Lisa Pickett, sister of the bride, of San Antonio, Texas, served as maid of honor. Shelby Avert, Julie Meister and Miranda Lindsey, all of Charleston, served as bridesmaids. Morgan Owen, sister of the groom, served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Greg and Tracie Owen of Flemington, N.J., and Michele and Todd Williams of Charleston. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Elwood Owen of Rushville, N.Y., and Mr. and Mrs. Charles Williams of Charleston. Bryan Owen, brother of the groom, of Charleston, served as best man. Danny Goff, Matt Bowler and Aaron Peer, all of Charleston, served as groomsmen. Cameron Pickett, nephew of the bride, of San Antonio, served as ring bearer. Following the ceremony the couple resides in Summerville, S.C. The bride is employed with North Charleston Coliseum and Visitor Center, and the groom is employed by Pearlstine Distributors.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY