November 13, 2009
Jennifer Marie Hayward of Columbus and Clifton "Edward" Bishop Jr. of Columbus were married May 23, 2009, at 11 a.m. at the Stephen D. Lee Home in Columbus, with Judge Peggy Phillips officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. Tony Hayward of Monroe, La., and Mrs. Debra Maddux of Valley, Ala. She is the granddaughter of the late E. N. Hayward and Dorothy Jean Hayward of Columbus, and the late Lewis Sims and Laura Bell Sims of Lanett, Ala., and is the great-grandaughter of Louis Hayward of Columbus. She is a 2001 graduate of Immanuel High School and a 2006 graduate of Mississippi University for Women. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Kristin Bishop of Crestview, Fla., served as matron of honor. Christine Mason of Columbus served as maid of honor. The groom is the son of Clifton E. Bishop Sr. and Peggy Bishop of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mary Massingill and the late Elton Massingill of Columbus, and Clovis E. Bishop and the late Martha Ann Bishop of Columbus. He is a 1999 graduate of New Hope High School and a 2003 graduate of Mississippi University for Women. Kevin Bishop of Crestview, Fla., served as best man. After a trip to Las Vegas, the couple resides in Columbus with their 2-year-old son, Hayden Bishop. The bride is employed at BancorpSouth as a customer service representative and the groom is employed as an auto parts manager.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY