March 13, 2010
Kristen Nicole Calahan of Columbus and Shawn Patrick Kelly Gates were married Sept. 13, 2009, at 5 p.m. at the home of Carl Estes in Vernon, Ala., with Judge Johnny Rogers officiating. The bride is the daughter of Ruth Ann Faris and James Faris of Caledonia. She is the granddaughter of the late Frankie and Betty Ledsworth of Columbus, and Sarah Brummett and the late O.W. Brummett of Caledonia. The bride was given in marriage by her great-grandfather, James Mattison. The bride wore a knee-length, ivory dress that had been worn by her mother. It had pearl accents and a lace-up back. Macy Faris, sister of the bride, served as flower girl, and Candace Roberts served as honorary bridesmaid. The groom is the son of Greg and Donna Gates of Columbus. He is the grandson of Colleen Simmons and the late Albert Simmons, and the late Martha Fran and Willie Gates. After a trip to Atlanta, the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is the assistant manager at Cowboy Maloney’s, and the groom is the head football coach at Immanuel Christian School and is a personal trainer.
1. Man sentenced to 30 years for Camelot Apartments death STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. J5, Edwards accrue hefty IRS tax liens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two injured after being shot in vehicle on Hwy. 82 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Former Starkville parks director pleads guilty to defrauding state STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gray new Volunteer Columbus director COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY