June 26, 2010
Erin Beth Rutledge of Columbus and Jason Brent Roberts of Natchez were married Jan. 22, 2010, at 4 p.m. at the home of the bride’s mother, overlooking Smith Lake in Cullman, Ala. Judge H. Frank Brunner officiated. The bride is the daughter of Mary Beth Mason Allen of Cullman and Robert E. Rutledge of Marietta, Ga. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Connie Mason and the late Mr. John Wallace Mason of Madison, Ala., and the late Mrs. Grace Rutledge of Atlanta. The bride wore a gown of ivory silk faille, with a deep V-neckline accented by an ivory draping panel at the natural waist, flowing into a ball gown grounded by a chapel length train. Accentuated by a headband of crystals and pearls, the veil of illusion tiers fell from a hand- knotted Austrian Crystal and pearl comb to elbow length. She carried a hand-tied bouquet of ivory ranunculus, tea roses and hydrangea, accented with green hypercion berries and lemon leaves. The groom is the son of Jeannean Scruggs Roberts and the late Jay Brent Roberts, both of Natchez. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Howell Scruggs of Natchez, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Bill Roberts of Riverside, Calif. The couple is at home in Huntsville, Ala., where the bride is employed as a pricing analyst at a contracts procurement company and the groom works as a research scientist at NASA as he completes his Ph.D. in meteorology.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY