October 2, 2010
Allison Jean Barrett of Caledonia and Grant Garner Chandler of Madison, Ala., were married May 15, 2010, at 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church in Columbus. The Rev. Samuel Morris officiated. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles D. Barrett Jr. of Caledonia. She is the granddaughter of Margaret Barrett of Philadelphia and the late Dwight Barrett, and the late Barton MacNeill and the late Jean Turner MacNeill. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a gown of ivory silk satin, originally worn in 1945 by her maternal grandmother. It featured a fitted bodice accented with covered buttons and crimped fabric edging at the sweetheart neckline. For the reception, she wore a one-shoulder knee-length dress of ivory satin with chiffon overlay. Claire Barrett of Caledonia, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Morgan Chandler of Mobile, Ala., sister of the groom; Megan Crosta of Warrenville, Ill.; Beth Rottman of Tucson, Ariz.; Andrea Sell of Columbia, S.C.; and Martha Ulmer of Madison. Attendants wore knee-length celadon tissue taffeta sheath dresses, accented with soft ruching, a fitted empire bodice and pleated cap sleeves. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Chandler of Athens, Ala. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. O.W. Chandler of Tanner, Ala., and the late Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Garner. David George of Madison, Ala., served as best man. Groomsmen were Mark Begonia of Starkville; Brandon Broadus of Elizabethtown, Ky.; Jeremy Conkin of Chicago; Sam Curtis of Madison; and Jeff Rottman of Tucson. Following a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple resides in Madison, Ala., where the bride is an attorney, and the groom a mechanical engineer.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY