October 22, 2010
Dr. Cherie Johnson of Birmingham, Ala., and John Lanford were married in a private family ceremony on July 11, 2010, at St. Johnís Apostolic Church in Mt. Laurel, Ala., at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. Cannon J. Scott Houser officiated. The bride is the daughter of Dr. Ralph and Patti Johnson of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Capt. and Mrs. Casey Moran of Ketchikan, Alaska, and Mr. and Mrs. Billy D. Johnson of Kansas City, Mo. She was given in marriage by her father and wore her motherís wedding gown and veil. The formal-length empire gown of peau de soie featured a scalloped neckline outlined in sequins and seed pearls and a V-neck back. The veil fell shoulder-length from a petal headdress outlined in seed pearls. She wore a cultured pearl and diamond necklace of her maternal grandmotherís, with a three-string set of pearls which cascaded down her back. Her bouquet was a bundle of lavender with mauve roses, tied with white satin ribbon and a pale blue hand-embroidered handkerchief of her maternal great-grandmotherís, which held the groomís ring. The groom is the son of Mrs. Sharon and Mike Watts of Westover, Ala., and Mr. Jimmy Lanford of Birmingham, Ala. He is the grandson of Juanita and the late Jim Lanford of Birmingham, Ala., and the late John and Janus Chaney. After a wedding trip to a private mountain retreat in Alabama, the couple reside in Birmingham. The bride is a chiropractor/acupuncturist with a private practice in Birmingham. The groom is a master mechanic with Good Year Auto Whiz.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. GEDs provide opportunities for 21 excited graduates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY