May 20, 2011
Meagan Elizabeth Malone and Walton Alexander Lott were united in marriage Jan. 1, 2011, at the Lookout Mountain Fairyland Club on Lookout Mountain, Ga., in a ceremony that began at 1:11 p.m. Dr. Patrick Richard Malone of Tallahassee, Fla., uncle of the bride, officiated. The bride is the daughter of Dr.ís Mark and Patty Malone of Hattiesburg. She is the granddaughter of the late Wallace and Jackie Malone of Boca Raton, Fla., and the late Edward and Elizabeth Sharpe of Hutto, Texas. The groom is the son of James and Elizabeth Lott of Columbus. He is the grandson of Sara Lepicier of Aberdeen and the late Edward Word of Clearwater, Fla., and Betty Lott and the late Clyde E. Lott of Columbus. The bride carried a bouquet of calla lilies and wore a vintage gown composed of a 19th-century wrap and an early 20th-century skirt, combined with a modern bodice designed by Ida Faye McCardle of Petal. Attending the bride as maid of honor was Rachel Mae Evenson of Greenfield, Mass. Mr. Lott served his son as best man. Following a wedding trip in the mountains, the couple resides in Greensboro, N.C., where the bride is a graduate student and graduate assistant in the Department of Romance Languages and the groom is a graduate student in the School of Music at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY