August 21, 2011
Ashley Lyn Cotton and Lance Marques Cutrer were united in marriage May 28, 2011, at 2 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church in Macon, with Jesse Cutrer, father of the groom, and Chuck Cotton, father of the bride, officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charlie L. (Chuck) Cotton Jr. of Macon. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Gentry of Crawford, and Mr. and Mrs. Travis Lindsey of Macon, and the late Charlie L. Cotton Sr. of Macon. The bride was given in marriage by her parents. She wore an ivory organza gown, with fitted bodice, sweetheart neckline and ivory satin sash. The A-line skirt featured vertical organza ruffles extending into a semi-chapel train. Her headpiece was a two-tear fingertip veil adorned with rhinestones. She carried a hand-tied bouquet of pink peonies and an antique handkerchief that belonged to her grandmother. Attending the bride as maid of honor was her sister, Laura Leigh Cotton. Serving as matron of honor was Amanda Cutrer Pittman, sister of the groom. Bridesmaids were Kelsey Dewberry, cousin of the bride; Emily Hunter; and Emilee Jackson. Junior bridesmaid was Chasity Cutrer, cousin of the groom. Attendants wore floor-length praline-colored dresses and carried hand-tied bouquets of pink roses and hydrangeas. Alana Whitehead served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. E. Jesse Cutrer of Walnut. He is the grandson of Ola Cutrer and the late Ed Cutrer of Roseland, La., and Mrs. Elizabeth Stafford of Livingston, La., and the late Sidney Stafford. Mark Cutrer, the groom’s uncle, served as best man. Groomsmen were Justin Cutrer, cousin of the groom; Jonathan McConnell; and Ryan Barnes. Bryant Ezra Pittman, nephew of the groom, served as ring bearer. Following a wedding trip to Mexico, the couple resides in Walnut.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY