May 6, 2012
Samantha Lewis and Toby Atkins were married April 7, 2012, at 2 p.m. at their home in Millport, Ala., with Charles Young officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. Harold Lewis and Mrs. Patricia Lewis, both of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Sue Shelton and the late Mr. Olen Shelton of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lewis of Sedalia, Mo. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Emily Hankins of Caledonia served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mr. Charles Atkins and the late Mrs. Nelda Atkins of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Helen McDaniel and the late Mr. Zeb Higdon of Columbus, and Mrs. Maudine Atkins and the late Mr. Dwight Atkins of Millport. Terry Atkins of Millport, brother of the groom, served as best man. The couple resides in Millport. They are employed at Weathers Construction Inc., where the bride is office manager and the groom is a foreman.
1. Rotary speaker: It's high time Mississippi legalizes medical marijuana COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Ward 4 race swells to five candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County officials weigh 'what' and 'when' issues for sports complex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha does not qualify for HOME program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'No other fighter has done what he's done': City to dedicate street 'Henry Armstrong Way' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY