May 6, 2012
Samantha Lewis and Toby Atkins were married April 7, 2012, at 2 p.m. at their home in Millport, Ala., with Charles Young officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. Harold Lewis and Mrs. Patricia Lewis, both of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Sue Shelton and the late Mr. Olen Shelton of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lewis of Sedalia, Mo. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Emily Hankins of Caledonia served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mr. Charles Atkins and the late Mrs. Nelda Atkins of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Helen McDaniel and the late Mr. Zeb Higdon of Columbus, and Mrs. Maudine Atkins and the late Mr. Dwight Atkins of Millport. Terry Atkins of Millport, brother of the groom, served as best man. The couple resides in Millport. They are employed at Weathers Construction Inc., where the bride is office manager and the groom is a foreman.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY