June 3, 2012
Sarah McKinney of West Point and Lance Hall of Steens were married March 31, 2012, at 2 p.m. at Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church in Caledonia, with the Rev. Mike Fondren officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gerald E. McKinney of West Point. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Lee McKinney of Meridian, the late Earl Garrett of Pascagoula, and the late Elsie B. Peterman of Meridian. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a beaded organza gown featuring a sweetheart neckline and handkerchief tiered skirt accented with embroidery and taffeta lace and complemented with a scalloped edge and chapel-length train. She wore a fingertip veil with embroidered flowers accented with sequins and rhinestones. Brittany McKinney of West Point, sister-in-law of the bride, served as matron of honor. Rachel Hancock of Rock Hill, S.C., served as bridesmaid. Bridal attendants wore floor-length gowns of their choosing, each lapis in color. The groom is the son of James Hall Jr. of Columbus and Sharon Hall of Steens. He is the grandson of James Hall Sr. of Steens and the late Linda Hall, and Ella Mae Vaughan of Columbus and the late Franklin Vaughan. The groom’s father served as best man. Randy Luna of Caledonia served as a groomsmen. Following a wedding trip to Orange Beach, Ala., the couple resides in Steens, where the groom is employed with Columbus Light & Water and the bride is employed with Waters Truck & Tractor.
1. Rotary speaker: It's high time Mississippi legalizes medical marijuana COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Ward 4 race swells to five candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County officials weigh 'what' and 'when' issues for sports complex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha does not qualify for HOME program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'No other fighter has done what he's done': City to dedicate street 'Henry Armstrong Way' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY