July 15, 2012
Selena Jones and Randy Oswalt, both of Columbus, were married May 12, 2012, in a sunset ceremony on the beach at Dauphin Island, Ala. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Jones of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Cleo and Grace Keasler, and the late Willie and Sadie Jones. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore an ivory strapless, fitted, knee-length satin dress embellished with beads, sequins and floral appliqués. Tracy Styron of Columbus served as matron of honor. Lacey Elkin of Madison served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Julie Curtis Folse of Warner Robbins, Ga., and Marleigh Oswalt of Columbus, daughter of the groom. Bridesmaids wore short, willow-lime, strapless satin dresses with colorful sateen leis. Abigail Oswalt of Columbus, daughter of the groom, served as flower girl, wearing a raffia grass skirt with a tropical top and leis. Ring bearers were Bryce Doyle of Madison and Christopher Stockman. The groom is the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Heyward Oswalt of Pine Grove, Ala. He is the grandson of the late Braxton and Rena Oswalt of Ethelsville, Ala. David Ikerd of Columbus served as best man. Groomsmen were Mitch Elkin of Columbus, Clark McCollum of Madison, and Patrick Sparks of Alamo, Tenn. Following a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico, the couple resides in Columbus. The groom is a field engineer for General Electric. The bride is an emergency nurse at St. Dominic’s in Jackson.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY