January 27, 2013
Sarah Rebecca Cole of Slidell, La., and John Richard Gafford of Bartlett, Tenn., were married in the First Baptist Church of Slidell. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. David Cole of Slidell. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Reginald Thames of Decatur, and Mrs. Mary Ann Cole and the late Mr. Bennie Cole of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a soft white strapless organza gown with embroidered floral details. Rachel Cole of New Orleans, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Elizabeth Cole, sister of the bride of Slidell, Emily Benfatti of Lacombe, La., Amanda Jordan and Amanda Johnson, both of Flowood, Lauren Ball of New Orleans and Erin Livingston of Jackson. Bridesmaids wore knee-length lapis dresses. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Gafford of Bartlett. He is the grandson of Mrs. Linnie F. Pierce and the late Mr. J.D. Pierce of Bartlett, and Dr. Gene Gafford and the late Shirley Gafford. Jeffrey Gafford, brother of the groom, served as best man. Serving as groomsmen were Daniel Gafford of Bartlett, Andrew Gafford of Memphis, Tenn., and Daniel Bradberry of Collierville, Tenn. Following a wedding trip to Gulf Shores, Ala., the couple resides in Bartlett.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY