February 17, 2013
Emily Shauna Davis and Brian Alan McGairty were married Dec. 14, 2012, at The Barn in the Cotton Market in Pearl with the Rev. Scott Carter officiating. The bride is the daughter of Kirby and Kathy Deer of Pearl. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a strapless taffeta mermaid gown accented with a rhinestone sash and matching headpiece. Sisters of the bride, Jennifer Mayeu and Kelsey Lancaster, served as bridesmaids. The flower girls, dressed in ivory organza dresses and brown western boots, were Cavie Mayeu and Raelyn McHenry. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wayne McGairty of Columbus. Groomsmen were Mark McGarity, brother of the groom, and Brad Rogers. Following a wedding trip to Disneyland, the couple resides in Pearl. The bride teaches ICT I and II at Pearl Junior High School where she is also the cheer coach. The groom is employed as a lieutenant at the Pearl Police Department and serves as the city code enforcement officer.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY