Funeral held for woman who died in Starkville fire

 

Dispatch Staff Report

 

 

STARKVILLE -- Services were Wednesday at First Church of Christ Holiness, USA, for a woman who died in an accidental fire in Starkville, Friday.

 


Glenda Faye Porter, 54, died Friday at her residence due to a smoldering mattress fire, caused by a dropped cigarette, police said. The investigation is closed.

 


Porter is survived by her son, Alonzo Porter, of Ocean Springs.

 

 


Officers and detectives were dispatched to Porter''s 100 W. Main St., No. 9, apartment Friday, after responding to 305B Old West Point Road to investigate a death.

 


Peter Herring, 57, was found dead of natural causes.

 


 

 

 

 

printer friendly version | back to top

 

Get a roundup of top stories, recipes and more in your inbox weekly (we never share your email)


 

OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST


 

UPCOMING AREA EVENTS

 

 

Follow Us:

Follow Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Follow Us via Email