November 26, 2014 10:05:10 AM
An altercation between two women left one in critical condition from multiple stab wounds and the other behind bars.
Fayette Lorae Dozier, 44, of 2415 3rd Ave. S., was arrested Tuesday morning by officers with the Columbus Police Department and charged with one count of felony aggravated assault. According to a press release issued by the department, officers responded to Dozier's home around 1 a.m. Tuesday for a reported disturbance. When officers arrived, they discovered a 43-year-old female bleeding from stab wounds to her head, arm, hand, chest and back. Dozier, who was on scene, was arrested and taken into custody. The victim, whose name is not being released, was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she remains in critical condition, according to the CPD's public information officer Raymond Hackler.
The two women knew each other, Hackler said, but a motive for the stabbing has not yet been established.
Dozier is in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond. She also has a hold from the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Dozier was on probation at the time of the alleged stabbing for a 2010 drug conviction, according to jail records.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Demonstrators gather peacefully in front of Leigh Mall in light of Ball decision COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. DA: Public should know why AG dropped manslaughter charge in Boykin case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD investigating Sunday homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Monday Profile: Together at Columbus High and MSMS, high-achieving duo goes separate ways for college COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Rep. Taylor, local activists plan racial justice march for Saturday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY