August 25, 2018 10:03:59 PM
Starkville police have a second suspect in custody for the Aug. 16 shooting of a man at an apartment complex on South Montgomery Street.
On Friday, police arrested 19-year-old Tyler Smith, of Louisville, for attempted murder. According to a Starkville Police Department press release, Smith was arrested on a warrant stemming from the Aug. 16 shooting at The Block Townhomes.
Smith's arrest came the day after that of 19-year-old Carson Clement of Eupora. While few details of Smith's involvement of the incident are currently available, an affidavit read during a municipal court appearance alleges Clement shot the victim, Bobby Spratt Jr., in the head and back while buying marijuana.
Clement was arrested on a felony warrant in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, with assistance from the U.S. Marshals Task Force.
Police responded to the shooting at around 10 p.m. on Aug. 16. Spratt was taken to OCH Regional Medical Center, then airlifted to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Spratt has been reported to be in stable condition.
Smith is being held in the Oktibbeha County Jail on $250,000 bond. His initial court appearance is set for 6 p.m. Monday, if he does not bond out before then. Clement's next court appearance is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday, but could be moved to Monday if his attorney, Marty Haug, requests it.
1. Man sentenced to 30 years for Camelot Apartments death STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. J5, Edwards accrue hefty IRS tax liens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two injured after being shot in vehicle on Hwy. 82 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Former Starkville parks director pleads guilty to defrauding state STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gray new Volunteer Columbus director COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY