September 10, 2018 9:59:32 AM
A Starkville man has been charged with domestic violence-aggravated assault after he hit someone with a vehicle on Sunday, according to Starkville police.
Lashadus Harris, 27, was arrested Sunday evening after Starkville Police Department officers responded to the reported incident at Reed Ridge Circle, a police department press release said.
The victim was airlifted out of the area for further medical treatment, police said, although SPD has not released additional details on the incident or the victim's condition.
Harris is being held in Oktibbeha County Jail. His bond is expected to be set when he appears in court on Monday.
Harris has twice served time in the Mississippi Department of Corrections for felony counts documented in Oktibbeha County Circuit Court, including from 2009 charge of simultaneously possessing a firearm and felony amount of marijuana and a charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute in 2012.
Anyone with information about this latest incident is asked to call SPD at 662-323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
1. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY