October 19, 2018 10:16:14 AM
One person has died and two others were hospitalized following a car accident in Hamilton Thursday afternoon.
Charles Berry, 87, of Hamilton, was driving north on US Highway 45 in Hamilton. When turning onto Hamilton Road, he collided with a Ford van driven by Dori Wells, 51, of Columbus at 12:24 p.m. Wells then collided with a Chevrolet 2500 driven by a Starkville man. The driver of the Chevrolet was not seriously hurt.
Berry was pronounced dead at the scene by Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, according to a Mississippi Highway Patrol press release. Wells was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. A passenger in the van, 33-year-old Aaron Minor, of Amory, was air lifted to a hospital in Tupelo and is in critical condition.
The accident is currently under investigation by MHP.
1. Demonstrators gather peacefully in front of Leigh Mall in light of Ball decision COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. DA: Public should know why AG dropped manslaughter charge in Boykin case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD investigating Sunday homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Monday Profile: Together at Columbus High and MSMS, high-achieving duo goes separate ways for college COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Rep. Taylor, local activists plan racial justice march for Saturday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY