October 23, 2018 10:26:52 AM
Two inmates who escaped Sunday night from a Noxubee County correctional facility have been caught in Marshall County.
Mississippi Department of Corrections and Noxubee County Sheriff's Office announced the escape of two men from the Noxubee County Transitional Center in Macon on their respective Facebook pages late Sunday after the two men escaped. The inmates were identified as Christopher Parmenter, 23, and Andrew Carter, 43.
Both Carter and Parmenter were in custody for burglary convictions, Carter in Union County and Parmenter in Marshall County.
An MDOC spokesperson confirmed the two inmates were captured in Marshall County Monday afternoon, less than 24 hours after their escape. Parmenter and Carter are both being held at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Rankin County.
MDOC has not yet brought official charges against the inmates for the escape.
1. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY