November 6, 2018 2:25:36 PM
A Steens man is behind bars for multiple counts of child molestation.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Frank David Harrison Sr., 57, of 5160 Hwy 50 E., Monday. Harrison has been charged with three counts of sexual battery and two counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
Lowndes deputies began investigating Harrison after receiving a report from the State of Mississippi Division of Child Protection Services, according to an LCSO press release. Investigators said Harrison is accused of sexually molesting two children under the age of 14 between 2009 and 2014 while he lived on Highway 182 East in Lowndes County, the press release said.
Authorities did not release further details, including how Harrison knew the victims.
Harrison is currently in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond has not been set.
1. LCSD board interviews superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD, CLW officially agree to set up internet hot spots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Starkville man arrested for making threatening Facebook video STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Woman indicted on child neglect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha County authorities searching for suspected shooter STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY