NMMC-West Point administrator Barry Keel, left, presents the most recent Employee of the Quarter award to Paris Calvert. Photo by: Courtesy photo
January 10, 2019 11:01:57 AM
Paris Calvert of the Security Department has been selected as Employee of the Quarter by his peers at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point.
Calvert joined the hospital staff in 2015 after retiring from the City of West Point. He graduated from West Point High School and attended East Mississippi Community College. He is trained in homeland security and CPR and is a certified umpire.
His nomination cited several examples of his dedication, including walking visitors to their destination rather than giving directions, helping visitors and employees whose cars won't start, suggesting ideas to improve his department and being a good listener.
He has one son, Demontez; three daughters, Kamron, J'Shunna and M'Paris; and a grandson, Haiden. He is a member of Hopewell Baptist Church.
1. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY