March 19, 2019 10:32:40 AM
LAUREL -- The U.S. Department of Labor says the Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the death of a worker at a Mississippi manufacturing facility.
Department spokesman Mike D'Aquino tells news outlets that findings will be released when the investigation into the Friday death at the Howard Industries Inc. facility in Laurel is complete. Laurel police Capt. Tommy Cox tells WDAM-TV that officers responded to an industrial accident at the facility that afternoon.
Authorities haven't released the identity of the worker. The nature of their death is unclear.
1. Altercation during Bin 612 evacuation leads to criticism, planned changes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Citizens, mayor plead to keep Fred's open COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Miller resigns as Ward 5 alderman to take job on coast STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Keenum: No plans to close T.K. Martin Center STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes voting locations moved COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY