March 19, 2019 10:33:38 AM
Columbus police have arrested a man accused of shooting into a home in south Columbus.
Jimmy Lee Craddieth, Jr., 23, of 28 Elliott Place, has been charged with shooting into a dwelling, according to a Columbus Police Department press release.
Craddieth was outside a home on 15th Avenue South on Thursday where he became involved in a "domestic dispute," according to the press release. Craddieth and the other individual argued in the street and Craddieth fired a weapon. The projectile struck a nearby house.
No one was in the home at the time of the shooting, Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton said, and no one was injured in the incident.
Craddieth has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $10,000 bond.
1. Altercation during Bin 612 evacuation leads to criticism, planned changes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Citizens, mayor plead to keep Fred's open COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Miller resigns as Ward 5 alderman to take job on coast STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Keenum: No plans to close T.K. Martin Center STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes voting locations moved COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY