April 17, 2019 10:25:44 AM
JACKSON -- The National Weather Service now counts 19 tornadoes that hit Mississippi on Saturday.
Officials continued to clean up Tuesday in the hardest-hit areas around Hamilton and Vicksburg.
By late Tuesday, Entergy Corp. cut electrical outages in Warren County to 140, down from thousands earlier.
Officials now count more than 350 buildings damaged statewide, in addition to one death and 18 injuries. Mississippi State University $350,000 in damages after a hay barn was destroyed and other parts of its Starkville cattle farm damaged.
Shelters are open in Hamilton and Vicksburg, as well as a volunteer reception center in Hamilton. The Highway Patrol is helping Monroe County officials with traffic control and security.
Schools in the Vicksburg-Warren district, closed Monday and Tuesday, will reopen Wednesday. Monroe County schools reopened Tuesday.
1. Rotary speaker: It's high time Mississippi legalizes medical marijuana COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Ward 4 race swells to five candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County officials weigh 'what' and 'when' issues for sports complex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha does not qualify for HOME program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'No other fighter has done what he's done': City to dedicate street 'Henry Armstrong Way' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY