July 13, 2019 11:13:01 PM
DISPATCH STAFF REPORT
A Starkville teenager taken to a Jackson hospital after he almost drowned in a pool last week has died.
Zemerrio Jones, 18, died at University of Mississippi Medical Center on Saturday morning, according to Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt.
Jones was found submerged in a swimming pool at Triangle Townhomes Apartments on Louisville Street. EMT personnel resuscitated him at the scene and an ambulance took him to OCH Regional Medical Center, where he was airlifted to UMMC.
Hunt said an autopsy has been scheduled in Jackson, but that preliminary evidence suggests Jones' death was accidental.
Jones was not a resident of Triangle Townhomes Apartments.
1. Fiber internet coming to Lowndes County COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes man killed during apparent struggle over weapon with son COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Remembering Beverly Norris: The 'princess' of Columbus art COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Alabama man arrested after high-speed chase from Lowndes to Pickens counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Aldermen to consider TIF for retail center on Highway 12 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY