November 5, 2019 10:13:41 AM
One person has died and two more are in a Tupelo hospital after a head-on collision on Highway 50 in Clay County over the weekend.
Gail H. Kuykendall, 70, died when the 2014 Nissan she was riding in hit a 2012 Toyota Camry traveling in the opposite direction at about 1 p.m. near Windmill Road in Clay County Sunday, according to a Mississippi Highway Patrol press release.
Fred Kuykendall, 70, of West Point was driving the Nissan west on Highway 50. He and the driver of the Toyota Camry, Latasha Davis Hayes, 40, of Yazoo City, were both airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The press release said Gail Kuykendall was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
MHP is still investigating the accident.
1. LCSD board interviews superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD, CLW officially agree to set up internet hot spots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Monday Profile: Ware carries leadership skills from U.S. Navy to Starkville Utilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County authorities searching for suspected shooter STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Female CAFB officers recall their military service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY