November 18, 2019 10:10:46 AM
The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office is investigating a potential arson on Finley Drive in the Sunset Subdivision southwest of Starkville.
The Central Oktibbeha Fire Department responded around 5:30 a.m. today to a fire that had been burning for a few hours, county fire services coordinator Kirk Rosenhan said. The fire burned a wall, part of the roof and one room. The house was unoccupied and no firefighters were injured while putting out the blaze, he said.
Since no one was home and the fire only damaged part of the house, investigators believe it might have been purposely set.
OCSO currently has no suspects and will contact the state fire marshal today for assistance in the investigation, Capt. Brett Watson said.
1. Some road projects ongoing, others about to begin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeff Smith: West Lowndes in need of storm shelters COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Update: Pumps delivered to Oktibbeha County Lake Dam; installation to begin Friday night STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested after chase with narcotics officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Pumps reducing water level at Oktibbeha Lake STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY